tisdag 9 februari 2016

Summing up 2015 and hopes for 2016


Good grief i have been slipping up as of lately.

So, this is my (highly delayed) summing up of 2015.

High points

This is one of the highpoints. Sad? maybe, but these reavers got first blood on turn 1 and put the fear of Dark eldar in a Tau player.


  • I finally finished up my first army (only five years in, y.a.y.) my Kabal of the hope betrayed are finally painted up to 2500 points worth. And i have also based almost all of it. Which i, unfortunately have no pictures of. 
  • I found a functional set-up for my dark eldars. I have a good set up with my haemonculus formations working as high toughness shock troops. The Master artisan with a webway portal and a scalpel formation does wonders, particularly against LD vulnerable armies. 
  • I got my hands on the last additions that i needed. These are (to date) unfinished and unassembled. But i have a good idea on where i can add them. Of particular note are two Sslyth for my court of the archon. 
  • I finally decided on a 30K legion, that i want to play. 
  • I got a good number of games in with my Dark eldar. And a semi-regular thing against my friends Tau army. 
  • I "adopted"" an additional army from my friend who didn't have the space, nor the time for it. 
  • family stuff. ALL OF IT. 

I have to say that triple lance ravagers are one of the actual tips i got from the internet that is never disappointing.






Shout Outs

+ The games workshops customer service, no seriously. I lodged two complaints this year, and both were handled quickly, and diligently to my full satisfaction,one, a delay of delivery. i was reimbursed with vouchers to soften the blow of the delay. Which i promptly spent and then some at the GW webstore, Well played Customer service. The second one concerned the fact that i had not received a correct amount of bases, it turned out i had in fact received the correct amount (in my defence it was for nurglings, so go figure) but they still sent additional ones. I like to rag on Geedubs as much as the next roller (i play DE) but hot diggity dee if the customer service ain't great. 
+ i found a podcast i liked, which kept me going throughout my December painting spree. 
I like their mix of casual and serious approach to 30k, and i think they have a great chemistry between them when it comes to discussing both the crunch and fluff aspect of 30k 
+ i feel that i have improved as a painter. I'll gladly admit that this is a a subject experience, but i have attempted  new techniques, and i have particularly gotten over my fear of painting skin tones. Which is usefull as i have started a new army that requires a lot of skin. 
+oh shit i am linking people a lot for work i am incapable of reproducing. But moving on, trying to break my BOLS (bell of lost souls) addiction, since the amount of reposting and clickbaiting is getting strenous even for somebody who browses free online newspapers. But the following site sure has great on the floor reporting for all things 30k heresy related. "Battle bunnies" 

low points
-i adopted another army! oh shit son what the hell are you doing? You have a family now. This is your sixth army. 
- i finally decided on a 30k legion army. Because apparently i DO HATE MONEY. 
- I caved and got the haemonculus codex and covens units for my army. better than Craftworld eldar, but still a cop out. 


So here we have some of VIP's. The venoms are scalpel squadros. And the talos,chronos and Haemon with a sniper rifle are my artisan formation. Not really a "ozymandias moment a lá shelley" but still capable of smashing face. 


So there you have it. 2015 in retrospective 

so what are my 2016 goals? 

  • tying up my two new armies 
  • finishing 2000 pts of horus heresy 30K. 
  • getting a game, or two in with that army. 
  • CUT DOWN ON MY damn spending, seriously i need a fricking intervention. 

Getting in deeper on new stuff in my other posts tho' 

happy new year! 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar