tisdag 21 juli 2015

A venom worthy of a leader

As i have mentioned in previous posts i have always chosen to glue shut the cockpit of my venoms, paint them black and then use 'ardcoat to make them pop a bit.

The choice was utilitarian (could not be arsed to paint cockpit) by style (GLAS? on a SPACE worthy vessel) and by look (I just wanted to).

But on this, my third Venom i felt that it was time to stretch my wings a bit, emboldened by what i deemed to be a success on the wracks, i decided to try some new things. So on the new venom i wanted to


  • have a vessel that immediately identified as for a HQ
  • have a green HUD 
  • paint the operator and inside of cockpit. 
  • use 'ardcoat and technical highlighting to make it look a bit more swish. 
  • actually base a flying base for a skimmer. 

The HUD was the easiest one, i used the Waywatcher green glaze and basically soaked the glase ( i have spares so i figured i'd test it) i saw a highly instructive youtuber reccommend Tamiya clear green, but as i didn't have any, and could not seem myself using it more than once or twice, i figured i'd give waywatcher a swang.

It worked out, but i do reccommend touching up with some nuln, and highlighting with some green, to define the features.

The operator and cockpit was easy enough, as long as i had the desired Daftpunk head available. 

The basing was done to my satisfaction (praise be to mordheim turf!) 

The 'ardcoat was the real killer, for some, naive, unspoken reason i thought two layers would do. Nope. I'm at five now, and i'm decently happy now. I also decided to do the "middle" and wings with some 'ardcoat. To give it some P-zass!

and this was the result. 



The red on the nose and body corresponds to the colour i did my new succubus in, while the greener on the back part matches the overall scheme of my kabal. I tried to come up with how to do a base that denoted some movement, but i resigned myself to the wateland one you can see. 

Still, i am pretty happy overall. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar