lördag 12 juli 2014

The summer of 2014-ongoing GK inquistion-First platoon. "El purifico"

I'll be shifting between stern stories of failing, and posts of what i'm actually painting at the moment.

To cut to the jist, i've always had a soft spot for running henchmen with bolters, and my group has always been very understanding with the good ol' "counts as" rule. But i decided that this was the summer that i got my shit together and actually got stuck in. 

So here we go.

First of, we have my Bolter bastards, pretty standard, but the paintjob, and my skills at that, are pretty middlin, so i'll be looking for feedback :d 

The basic parts are Games workshops own "Cadian" guardsmen, that i picked up on the cheap on Ebay. I swapped the heads to "Secrets of the Third reich" heads by Westwind productions. I then had to do a bit of cutting and gluing to get the bolters to look ok, and after that, i picked a paint scheme that seemed to go well with ordo base colours. So, flame red and black as sin. There we go, easy as. 

Now the picture quality is pretty boggy, but if you look at the model on the far right, (not the snazzy blender, i WISH i painted that) i took the freedom of cutting and gluing some MK5 Power armour arms, so as to give the look that my inquisitorial henchmen have faced many battles, and been given bionic prostethics, a luxuary scant awarded a simple guardsmen, but the ordos provides for it's own.

I'll be running these with Coteaz, so as to get my scoring troops in play. Now i'm not certain if this is going to be around for the next errata. But for now, Coteaz is really worth his points as well as the overall synergy provided by his traits. 

I'm actually pretty darn happy with my Coteaz paintjob. It's probably one of the best ones i've painted. I touched it up the other day, and i think it holds pretty well. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar